Ignore stream error options

matrixebiz
Hello, just wondering if someone can show me how to use the -output_corrupt switch properly.
This is my command line but when I put that option in, avconv doesn't start;

-i "myvideo.mp4" -output_corrupt -c:a aac -ar 48000 -ab 64k -s 720x480 -vcodec libx264 -hls_time 240 myvideo.m3u8

The -err_detect ignore_error switch doesn't seem to work with avconv :( plus on that note, can you provide me any other switches I can use to help the program not crap out when there are errors in the hls stream while transcoding. Thank you

Re: Ignore stream error options

> The -err_detect ignore_error switch doesn't seem to work with avconv :(

As many other features of FFmpeg.
Otoh, many bugs in avconv are missing from FFmpeg:-)

But on this mailing list, only FFmpeg libraries are supported,
none of the many forks.

Re: Ignore stream error options

matrixebiz
Okay, then what other ffmpeg options are there that will help with ignoring source stream errors so that ffmpeg doesnt crap out and will keep on ticking? Error_detect didn't seem to fix my issues, ffmpeg output still crapped out with glitchy video and audio so had to restart the transcoding process. Thank you

http://libav-users.943685.n4.nabble.com/Ignore-stream-error-options-tp4663334p4663335.html
To unsubscribe from Ignore stream error options, click here.
NAML

Hello, can anyone answer the question? Thanks

Re: Ignore stream error options

> Okay, then what other ffmpeg options are there that will help with ignoring
> source stream errors so that ffmpeg doesnt crap out and will keep on
> ticking? Error_detect didn't seem to fix my issues, ffmpeg output still
> crapped out with glitchy video and audio so had to restart the transcoding
> process.

For all questions regarding the ffmpeg executable, please provide
the command line you tested together with the complete, uncut
console output.
Please ask on the FFmpeg user mailing list to get more readers
and please remember not to top-post on any mailing list here.

Re: Ignore stream error options

matrixebiz
Hi Carl, what is the link to the ffmpeg forum then? Thank you

Re: Ignore stream error options

> Hi Carl, what is the link to the ffmpeg forum then?

This is the link to the mentioned FFmpeg user mailing list: