Implementation of SEEK for different codec types (H.264, MPEG 1/2)

Implementation of SEEK for different codec types (H.264, MPEG 1/2)

headless hunter
I've been trying to implement SEEK for a couple of codec types (maily for
H.264 and MPEG 1/2) and am facing a couple of issues. I tried searching over
the internet but could not find something that is easy to understand  One
option is to study the code of vlc and then see how they do it, but it would
take me a lot of time in understanding their code. Has someone here
implemented this kind of thing...? Maybe a few pointers can get me going
I'd be more than happy to provide additional information as needed.

Also, I know that this question may not be directly related to ffmpeg. I'm
just developing my code in which I use ffmpeg as a demux. If this questions
seems totally in the wrong place, apologies form my side in that case.

Thanks in advance,
headless.