[Libav-user] AMD AMF decode?

Philippe Noël
Hello,

I read from the FFmpeg wiki that AMD AMF is only supported for encode, not decode. Any idea if there are plans for this to be supported at all eventually?

Cheers,

Philippe

Re: AMD AMF decode?

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Di., 28. Jan. 2020 um 06:03 Uhr schrieb Philippe Noël
<[hidden email]>:

> I read from the FFmpeg wiki that AMD AMF is only supported for encode, not decode.

> Any idea if there are plans for this to be supported at all eventually?

Did you already send a patch?
If not, consider asking AMD, they provided the original encoding patch.

Re: AMD AMF decode?

Mark Thompson
On 28/01/2020 05:02, Philippe Noël wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read from the FFmpeg wiki that AMD AMF is only supported for encode, not decode. Any idea if there are plans for this to be supported at all eventually?

Unlikely.  All of the relevant hardware decode features and interop are fully supported on AMD devices via the more standard platform APIs (DXVA/VAAPI), so there isn't any reason to add special code for the proprietary AMF interface.

- Mark