[Libav-user] AV_PTS_WRAP_IGNORE

Strahinja Radman
Can I safely change this flag #define AV_PTS_WRAP_IGNORE, to 1? Will
this mess up some muxers or demuxers?

Kind regards,

Strahinja

Re: AV_PTS_WRAP_IGNORE

Richard Hussong
Strahinja -

It doesn't make sense to change that value. It is one of a set of three constants describing different possible values of AVStream::pts_wrap_behavior: AV_PTS_WRAP_IGNORE (0), AV_PTS_WRAP_ADD_OFFSET (1), and AV_PTS_WRAP_SUBTRACT_OFFSET (-1). If you change AV_PTS_WRAP_IGNORE to 1, it will have the same value as AV_PTS_WRAP_ADD_OFFSET, and there will no longer be a proper enumeration. The code to handle PTS wrap is complicated - I wouldn't mess with it, myself. Since it is in the libavformat core, it could affect all muxers and demuxers.
- Richard Hussong