[Libav-user] Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

[Libav-user] Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

jing zhang
Hi all,

I'm trying to use FFMPEG with VDPAU to decode HEVC streams.
There is no hevc_vdpau decoder in the 3.3.2 version of FFMPEG.
How can I use the VDPAU hwaccel to do the decoding?
Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

best regards,

zj

Re: Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

Mark Thompson

There is a hardware decode example which works for VDPAU: <http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=doc/examples/hw_decode.c>.

> Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

That example downloads the output frames from the GPU and writes them to a file.  Presentation on the screen isn't really in the scope of ffmpeg - you could look at the source code for one the media players (e.g. mpv or vlc) for that.

- Mark

Re: Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

jing zhang
Thanks Mark!
I'll check that out.