[Libav-user] Bitstream filter for watermarking

[Libav-user] Bitstream filter for watermarking

Victor dMdB
Hi,

How challenging would it be to create a bitstream filter which would add
a watermark/overlay to each frame?

I'm aware this can be done with libavfilter, but that requires
decoding/encoding. So my question is if this could be done at bitstream
level to make the process faster and/or more efficient.
We would assume we know what the encoding format is.

Re: Bitstream filter for watermarking

> How challenging would it be to create a bitstream filter which
> would add a watermark/overlay to each frame?

Generally, I don't think this can be done with a bitstream filter,
I should be possible with a filter.

If you know what you are doing (and more than I do), it is of
course "possible" (but I wonder how the specification of such
a bitstream would look like that allows you to alter it).