[Libav-user] Can You Step Through FFMPEG API Source code in Visual Studio C++ (Windows)

[Libav-user] Can You Step Through FFMPEG API Source code in Visual Studio C++ (Windows)

Rennie Johnson

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to build the FFMPEG executable from the source code on Visual Studio C++ and step through the API C code while running inside the Visual Studio IDE debug environment?

As there is minimal technical support available, this is the only way I think I can learn how to use the API properly for my specific purposes.

I use Visual Studio 2013 Community on Windows 10 64 bit.

I appreciate any guidance.

Regards,

Rennie Johnson

Re: Can You Step Through FFMPEG API Source code in Visual Studio C++ (Windows)

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2

Am 14.01.2020 um 01:28 schrieb Rennie Johnson <[hidden email]>:

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to build the FFMPEG executable from the source code on Visual Studio C++

This is not possible but why don’t you compile with the Microsoft C compiler and use the resulting library in Visual Studio?

and step through the API C code while running inside the Visual Studio IDE debug environment?

As there is minimal technical support available, this is the only way I think I can learn how to use the API properly for my specific purposes.

Did you see doc/examples?