[Libav-user] Compiling libavcodec etc on Windows in 2020

[Libav-user] Compiling libavcodec etc on Windows in 2020

Info || Non-Lethal Applications
Hi there,

I’ve been trying to build the latest libavcodec etc. libraries including OpenH264 for H.264 encoding on Windows for several hours now but I’m still fighting a huge list of errors with whatever I’m trying.
Our application is currently Mac-only and everything has been working fine there for several years.
Building is a breeze with a simple bash script.

I’m really not a Windows person so I’m wondering what’s the easiest way to build the libraries for Windows in 2020?
Are there Visual Studio projects of some sort? Support for CMake?
Is cross-compiling the libraries on a Mac for Windows working reliably and is it easily doable?

Grateful for any advice!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Compiling libavcodec etc on Windows in 2020

Hleb Valoshka
On 2/3/20, Info || Non-Lethal Applications
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I’m really not a Windows person so I’m wondering what’s the easiest way to
> build the libraries for Windows in 2020?

Have you tried prebuilt libraries? Another option - vcpkg, it has ffmpeg port.

Re: Compiling libavcodec etc on Windows in 2020

Am Mo., 3. Feb. 2020 um 21:18 Uhr schrieb Info || Non-Lethal
Applications <[hidden email]>:

> I’ve been trying to build the latest libavcodec etc. libraries including OpenH264 for H.264
> encoding on Windows for several hours now but I’m still fighting a huge list of errors with
> whatever I’m trying.

configure line and console output (or output of repeated runs of "make
ffmpeg.exe") missing.

Please do not provide the complete, uncut console output of a first run of make!