[Libav-user] Configuring an encoder with SPS/PPS from decoded frame

[Libav-user] Configuring an encoder with SPS/PPS from decoded frame

Victor dMdB
I'm transcoding different files (encoded in h264) and would like to use
the same output parameters as extracted from the input.

I would then be able to change some specific encoding parameters, though
most need to be the same.

Would I need to use the SPS/PPS or is there a better way?

Re: Configuring an encoder with SPS/PPS from decoded frame

Victor dMdB
On Fri, 4 Aug 2017, at 11:15 PM, Georges House wrote:

> I'm transcoding different files (encoded in h264) and would like to use
> the same output parameters as extracted from the input.
>
> I would then be able to change some specific encoding parameters, though
> most need to be the same.
>
> Would I need to use the SPS/PPS or is there a better way?

Ok, I've better understood its really hard to match SPS exactly. So
following on that, which parameters of SPS/PPS need to match if i'm
decoding a file which was edited.

In the sense that my h264 player cached the SPS from the original
encoded file, and is trying to decode a file which was slightly edited,
and therefore would have a slightly different SPS.