[Libav-user] Convert audio to G711 raw format

[Libav-user] Convert audio to G711 raw format

black copper
I want to convert an audio file to G.711 format. I can see encoding to uLaw PCM and aLaw PCM, but can't find a command line argument that will convert my audio file to simple G.711.

I have Windows based FFmpeg tool.

Using ffmpeg -formats, I can see raw g722 is mentioned, along with raw G.723.1 and G.729 raw format demuxer, but no g711 as decoder or encoder.

Does anyone know how to compose raw G711 data using FFmepg?

Re: Convert audio to G711 raw format

Carl Eugen Hoyos
On Monday 01 August 2016 11:52:32 am you wrote:
> I want to convert an audio file to G.711 format. I can see encoding to uLaw
> PCM and aLaw PCM, but can't find a command line argument that will convert
> my audio file to simple G.711.

$ ffmpeg -i input -f alaw out1
$ ffmpeg -i input -f mulaw out2

or: