[Libav-user] Encoding via GPU frames captured in GPU directly?

[Libav-user] Encoding via GPU frames captured in GPU directly?

Philippe Noël
Hello,

I'm using libav/ffmpeg to encode, using Nvidia Nvenc H.264, desktop frames. I capture these frames on Windows using DXGI, which captures via the GPU, and then I use libav to encode in the GPU to H.264.

Currently, I need to point the DXGI texture to the CPU and then retrieve it via hw_transfer_frame with libav. Since the frame is already in the GPU, is there a way to directly retrieve it with ffmpeg/libav, so that I don't need to pass it through the CPU unnecessarily?

Thanks for your help,

Philippe