[Libav-user] Exporting video with fps == 1

[Libav-user] Exporting video with fps == 1

Gustavo González-4
Hi,

Yesterday I was running some tests with the ffmpeg API using my own code and just for fun I started to change the fps parameter of a basic video I was playing with.

I wonder that I could low the fps parameter value until 2, but when I set it to 1, then my little program crashed and I got this message in console:

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 720x480, q=2-31, 6000 kb/s, 1 tbc
[mpeg4 @ 0x22bbc20] bitrate tolerance too small for bitrate

So, my question is: This is a standard restriction of the API (fps must be higher than 1) or do I have to adjust some other parameter when fps == 1 ?

Thank you for any hint.