[Libav-user] Extracting motion vectors reference frames from H264Picture struct

[Libav-user] Extracting motion vectors reference frames from H264Picture struct

Ahmed Samir
Hi,

I want to get the motion vectors and their reference frames. Unfortunately, the extract_mvs example gives only the direction of the reference frame +/- 1 direction as described in line28 in the AVMotionVector struct. I had to go through the code of the H264 decoder and I concluded that I can get this information from the H264Picture struct from the motion_val, ref_index and ref_pocs data fields. But it seems like my conclusion is not right because I cannot interpret the values in these fields. Any help?

Thanks