[Libav-user] FLV support for HEVC

Milan Poon
We are currently using a Simple RTMP Server (SRS) to stream H.264 video to clients with ffmpeg / ffplay. To conserve even more bandwidth, we are considering to switch to HEVC but we know officially RTMP does not support it. Therefore we are considering to modify the source code. For SRS, we know where to make the modification to force FLV to accept HEVC. For decoding on the client side, where should we modify in order for the HEVC streams to be corrected extracted from the FLV container and forwarded to the HEVC decoder?

Re: FLV support for HEVC

Steven Liu

We are currently using a Simple RTMP Server (SRS) to stream H.264 video to clients with ffmpeg / ffplay. To conserve even more bandwidth, we are considering to switch to HEVC but we know officially RTMP does not support it. Therefore we are considering to modify the source code. For SRS, we know where to make the modification to force FLV to accept HEVC. For decoding on the client side, where should we modify in order for the HEVC streams to be corrected extracted from the FLV container and forwarded to the HEVC decoder?

No, FLV not support HEVC codec, and there have no specification to support it, maybe the specification need release from AdobeĀ