[Libav-user] Feeding frames to api from c program

[Libav-user] Feeding frames to api from c program

william keeling
I am looking for help or and example of feeding frames to ffmpeg lib. I have raw (yuv and pcm) frames to feed into the API  for filtering, encoding and muxing.

Also looking for examples of complex filters (like -filter_complex "[0][1] overlay=5:H-h-5").

Thanks for any help, examples or link you can provide.

I am new to c programing, ffmpeg api and image and sound processing so need all the help I can get as this is sort of a deep end project to start with 🙂

Re: Feeding frames to api from c program

Ed Rupp
I'm new to libav as well but seems to me you want to instantiate an AVFrame directly - feeding it a raw frame, not completely sure this is allowed.
Have you looked at this tutorial: The hard way Its a pretty good tutorial and helped me a lot.
It can be found here: ffmpeg
Scroll down to the large picture of the "big bunny" and review the code right above that - it should guide you to a solution to this.
Good luck

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 9:58 AM william keeling <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am looking for help or and example of feeding frames to ffmpeg lib. I have raw (yuv and pcm) frames to feed into the API  for filtering, encoding and muxing.

Also looking for examples of complex filters (like -filter_complex "[0][1] overlay=5:H-h-5").

Thanks for any help, examples or link you can provide.

I am new to c programing, ffmpeg api and image and sound processing so need all the help I can get as this is sort of a deep end project to start with 🙂

Re: Feeding frames to api from c program

Gonzalo Garramuño

El 19/2/20 a las 11:58, william keeling escribiĂł:
I am looking for help or and example of feeding frames to ffmpeg lib. I have raw (yuv and pcm) frames to feed into the API  for filtering, encoding and muxing.

Also looking for examples of complex filters (like -filter_complex "[0][1] overlay=5:H-h-5").

Thanks for any help, examples or link you can provide.

I am new to c programing, ffmpeg api and image and sound processing so need all the help I can get as this is sort of a deep end project to start with 🙂
Look up the examples in doc/examples in the ffmpeg repository.  You will need to compile them manually as they don't come with any Makefile.  For this, it is better if you develop on Unix or on MinGW.
--
Gonzalo Garramuño

Re: Feeding frames to api from c program

Gonzalo Garramuño

El 20/2/20 a las 09:06, gga escribiĂł:
> You will need to compile them manually as they don't come with any
> Makefile.
Sorry.  There *is* a Makefile for the examples in the doc/examples
directory.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño