[Libav-user] Find out RTSP/H264 stream framerate or PTS

[Libav-user] Find out RTSP/H264 stream framerate or PTS

Sergio Basurco

Hi,

Please correct me if I'm wrong: In order to display a decoded stream, I need either the exact framerate, or the PTS for the decoded frames.

I'm only using avcodec, and my own RTSP client and H264 parser. What are the values that need to be set for me to find either framerate or PTS?

I think framerate may not be provided, as it's not forced by the H264 standard. But the PTS should be available. How can I make sure the decoder sets these?

--

Saludos / Best regards,

Sergio Basurco
Coherent Synchro

Re: Find out RTSP/H264 stream framerate or PTS

> Please correct me if I'm wrong: In order to display a decoded stream,
> I need either the exact framerate, or the PTS for the decoded frames.

I am not sure the framerate really helps.

This may not be the issue you see, but for H.264 FFmpeg sometimes
does not produce correct timestamps.