[Libav-user] Forced to use force-cfr param in order to get fair bit rate on x264

[Libav-user] Forced to use force-cfr param in order to get fair bit rate on x264

Leandro Moreira
Hi,

I wrote a simple video transmuxer/transcoder minimalist to teach people how to use ffmpeg/libav. The goal of this program is to enable its users to do transmuxing (mp4 -> fmp4) and transcoding (h264 -> h264 fixed gop/CBR, h264 -> h265) with the minimum required code.

It's working but I think I'm missing something because I had to use force-cfr=1 for x264 but not for x265, when I remove this force-cfr parameter from x264 the encoded final gets a huge bitrate (27Mbps) and I don't know why, it's frustrating.

The code was inspired by the doc/examples and ffmpeg command line itself I set the TB and duration and also checked the pkt.dts and pkt.pts all seems fine =(

Do you have any ideas what I missing? (on x264's case) I detail these issues better in a PR if you want to see it.