[Libav-user] Format requires hwaccel initialisation

[Libav-user] Format requires hwaccel initialisation

Philippe Noël
Hello,

I'm trying to do the vaapi/d3d11va/videotoolbox hardware accel for AV_CODEC_ID_H264. I'm following the libav example, but when I init it gives me "requires waccel initialisation" although I am creating the hw device w/ av_hwdevice_ctx_create. What am I missing?

Format videotoolbox_vld chosen by get_format().

Error found

Format videotoolbox_vld requires hwaccel initialisation.

Philippe

Re: Format requires hwaccel initialisation

Mark Thompson
On 08/02/2020 22:51, Philippe Noël wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do the vaapi/d3d11va/videotoolbox hardware accel for AV_CODEC_ID_H264. I'm following the libav example, but when I init it gives me "requires waccel initialisation" although I am creating the hw device w/ av_hwdevice_ctx_create. What am I missing?
>
> Format videotoolbox_vld chosen by get_format().
>
> Error found
>
> Format videotoolbox_vld requires hwaccel initialisation.

This isn't an error - it's a debug message noting that the decoder needs some system-specific initialisation to use the hardware, which is true (<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=libavcodec/decode.c;h=03b9da25f9fd9932ae6b29d65dd76d67a105098c;hb=HEAD#l1482>).

Whatever is going wrong must be somewhere after that.

- Mark

Re: Format requires hwaccel initialisation

Philippe Noël
This isn't an error - it's a debug message noting that the decoder needs some system-specific initialisation to use the hardware, which is true (<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=libavcodec/decode.c;h=03b9da25f9fd9932ae6b29d65dd76d67a105098c;hb=HEAD#l1482>).
Whatever is going wrong must be somewhere after that.

Oh I see. I do get a decode status of 1, see below:
nal_unit_type: 7(SPS), nal_ref_idc: 3
Error found
nal_unit_type: 8(PPS), nal_ref_idc: 3
Error found
nal_unit_type: 6(SEI), nal_ref_idc: 0
Error found
nal_unit_type: 6(SEI), nal_ref_idc: 0
Error found
nal_unit_type: 5(IDR), nal_ref_idc: 3
Error found
ct_type:0 pic_struct:0
Decode status 1
Error found
bad src image pointers

But then I get a bad src image pointers. Do you think the decode is really successful and it's a problem with the parameters?

Cheers,

Philippe