[Libav-user] From buffer encoding

MIhajlo Jovanovic
Hello everyone,

I have multiple questions that I couldn't find answers for. I am hoping that I'll get any answers here.
So, I am working on Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 android platform, I have 6(!!) cameras attached on it, I have camera library
that supplies me with 30 raw 1280*720 yuv422 (UYVY) frames per sec in vector/buffer format. I need them to convert into h.264/5 video for real time(!!!) streaming.
1:
    Does ffmpeg supports HW acceleration for This device? I couldn't completely find answer for that here: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro.
1.1:
    And if doesn't support HW acceleration, is it possible to achieve real-time encoding without it.
2:
    Is it possible to encode separate frames not from file? I am asking this because I got hard time with
nonexistent appropriate documentation doing this in MediaCodec.

I would
much appreciate if got any answers before i step deeper in ffmpeg API-s also any help or guidance too.

Best Regards.

Oljahim.

Re: From buffer encoding

David Yuan

Based on this a little dated announcement on Qualcomm, https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2015/08/12/qualcomm-introduces-next-generation-gpu-architecture-and-image-signal, it supports 60FPS HEVC decoding, but no where it mentions about its capability to encode in HEVC.

I think your question could be better answered at Qualcomm's developer's forum. And if the answer is yes the Adreno 530 GPU does support HW encoding for HEVC, the next stop is here to ask the ffmpeg developers whether that is integrated into ffmpeg.

Please let me know if you find out the answer, as I'm interested in knowing too.

thanks!
David

Re: From buffer encoding

MIhajlo Jovanovic

Thanks David for replay,

Maybe my question should be better defined, I know that my platforms Adreno 530 GPU supports certain hardware accelerated encoding for both h.264 and h.265, but I failed to find any API for access it, so I was wondering is it integrated and supported in ffmpeg?

Oljahim.

On 08.05.2017. 15:36, David Yuan wrote:

[...]

Hi Oljahim – This type of question might get a better response on the x264-devel list.  Ffmpeg afaik doesn’t have an internal h264 encoder, only decoder.  It uses libx264 for encoding h264 video.
- David