[Libav-user] Fwd: Extracting Video Frames from RTP

[Libav-user] Fwd: Extracting Video Frames from RTP

vijaya kumar
Hello Team,

We are looking for ways to extract video information either Video frames or Video information into a container either AVI or MP4.
Video data is logged over RTP in H264 encoded format or MJPEJ format.

The AXIS video data is stored as RTP frames inside UDP packets, which is part of the Ethernet payload.
Basically, What I Need is The extraction of video data from the Ethernet payload and writing to video files(AVI / MP4).

Do I have to decode Ethernet messages and access the message fields like ether type, addresses, and RTP payload?
I tried passing the complete file to FFMPEG Library, It didn't help. I am missing something, Do I need to send RTP payload to FFMPEG to get frames instead of sending a complete file.?

Any examples to achieve this in C++ would help.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Vijay