[Libav-user] How do I access and use Nvdia Encoder functions?

[Libav-user] How do I access and use Nvdia Encoder functions?

Joel Ng
Hello,

I would like to access a particular function in FFmpeg's Nvidia Codec
SDK: "NvEncReconfigureEncoder". This would allow me to change the
bitrate of an encoded video on the fly. Doing it natively via FFmpeg by
closing and reopening the AVCodecContext is too slow (can take up to 1
second).

The problem is that after compilation, these functions do not seem to be
publicly accessible for the programmer to use. Is there any way I can
access these functions?

Thank you.

Re: How do I access and use Nvdia Encoder functions?

Shu Wang
This function and its header/souce is provided by Nvidia, not ffmpeg. You will find them in nvenc sdk and samples which could be downloaded from its official site.

Shu. Wang @ Bestminr
http://halfelf.me

Re: How do I access and use Nvdia Encoder functions?

Joel Ng
I know that, but I want to try to use the Nvidia functions through
FFmpeg because I already have a fully working code written using FFmpeg
functions. I will need to learn the whole Nvidia SDK if I use their SDK.

Do I have no choice? I cannot use FFmpeg to do this?

Thank you.