[Libav-user] How to detect video orientation

[Libav-user] How to detect video orientation

Lyndon Hill
Hi,

Can someone please direct me to the section of API I can use for detecting rotated video ?

For example, I record some video on my mobile phone in portrait orientation. Usually some meta data is recorded with the video file that I can use to tell which of the 4 orientations the video was recorded in.

In Apple's QuickTime API the equivalent function is GetTrackMatrix(Track, MatrixRecord).

Thank you in advance.