[Libav-user] How to get decoded YUV in desired pixel format

[Libav-user] How to get decoded YUV in desired pixel format

rohit khali
Hi,

I am using "avcodec_receive_frame()" API to decode video which returns the decoded output in native pixel form(yuv420p,yuv422p,yuv420p10le,yuv422p10le...).
I want to get decoded output always in YUV 422-8 bit.Is there any option I need to set in any data structure OR any API which needs to be used after decode.

Thanks,
Rohit Khali

Re: How to get decoded YUV in desired pixel format

Paul B Mahol
On 7/10/20, rohit khali <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using "avcodec_receive_frame()" API to decode video which returns the
> decoded output in native pixel
> form(yuv420p,yuv422p,yuv420p10le,yuv422p10le...).
> I want to get decoded output always in YUV 422-8 bit.Is there any option I
> need to set in any data structure OR any API which needs to be used after
> decode.

The only way is using either swscale API or avfilter API to convert
input pixel format
to requested pixel format.