[Libav-user] Mp4 demuxing errors

Александр Костин
Hello.

I have some questions about using mp4 demuxer.

I try to demux mp4 file with duration about 20h using libav. I have compiled and tested ffmpeg example doc/examples/demuxing_decoding.c.
But after a while I get an error "Failed to add index entry" and mp4 demuxer stops working. This doesn't reproduce with shorter file (less than 15h).
Also I try to demux and mux this file with ffmpeg.exe as follows:

ffmpeg.exe -i input.mp4 -acodec copy -vcodec copy out.mp4

And I have no any errors messages in this case.

What is the difference between demuxing_decoding example and ffmpeg.exe demuxing approach?
Is there a specific use of libav mp4 demuxer with too long or fragmented mp4 files?
Any ideas about reducing/ignoring indexes?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Alexander