[Libav-user] NotchLC Codec Support

Daniel Miletic
Hey everybody,

there’s a new gpu-based codec called NotchLC (https://notchlc.notch.one) with really good results in quality and performance.
There are a some good video players which a referencing to ffmpeg, therefore it would be really great if you could add it to the ffmpeg library.

Thanks in advance!

Best
Daniel

Re: NotchLC Codec Support

Paul B Mahol
Hi,

On 5/2/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> there’s a new gpu-based codec called NotchLC (https://notchlc.notch.one
> <https://notchlc.notch.one/>) with really good results in quality and
> performance.
> There are a some good video players which a referencing to ffmpeg, therefore
> it would be really great if you could add it to the ffmpeg library.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Could you please provide couple of samples of files with this codec?

Without samples, we are not able to support it at all.

> Best
> Daniel

Re: NotchLC Codec Support

Daniel Miletic
Sure, but the files a really large, 5 sec @1920x1080 / 24fps = 150 MB.
Is that okay for the ftp?

Best,
Daniel

> Am 02.05.2020 um 12:50 schrieb Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 5/2/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> there’s a new gpu-based codec called NotchLC (https://notchlc.notch.one
>> <https://notchlc.notch.one/>) with really good results in quality and
>> performance.
>> There are a some good video players which a referencing to ffmpeg, therefore
>> it would be really great if you could add it to the ffmpeg library.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>
> Could you please provide couple of samples of files with this codec?
>
> Without samples, we are not able to support it at all.
>

>> Best
>> Daniel

Re: NotchLC Codec Support

Paul B Mahol
On 5/2/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sure, but the files a really large, 5 sec @1920x1080 / 24fps = 150 MB.
> Is that okay for the ftp?

Can't you use google drive or some sane uploader?

> Best,
> Daniel
>
>> Am 02.05.2020 um 12:50 schrieb Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 5/2/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hey everybody,
>>>
>>> there’s a new gpu-based codec called NotchLC (https://notchlc.notch.one
>>> <https://notchlc.notch.one/>) with really good results in quality and
>>> performance.
>>> There are a some good video players which a referencing to ffmpeg,
>>> therefore
>>> it would be really great if you could add it to the ffmpeg library.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Could you please provide couple of samples of files with this codec?
>>
>> Without samples, we are not able to support it at all.
>>

>>> Best
>>> Daniel

Re: NotchLC Codec Support

Daniel Miletic
Hi, it took some time for uploading the files.

Here’s the link:

Let me know ff you need some more files.

Best,
Daniel

On 5/3/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, it took some time for uploading the files.
>
> Here’s the link:
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SQpAeTkLr84v67VZJDwBtkxZbTXuVltH?usp=sharing
> <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SQpAeTkLr84v67VZJDwBtkxZbTXuVltH?usp=sharing>
>
> Let me know ff you need some more files.

Thanks, I downloaded only the smallest file, maybe I will download
bigger later when decoder is REed.

> Best,
> Daniel
>

>> Am 02.05.2020 um 16:17 schrieb Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On 5/2/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Sure, but the files a really large, 5 sec @1920x1080 / 24fps = 150 MB.
>>> Is that okay for the ftp?
>>
>> Can't you use google drive or some sane uploader?
>>

>>> Best,
>>> Daniel

Re: NotchLC Codec Support

Daniel Miletic
Great, if you need more files, let me know.

> Am 03.05.2020 um 21:31 schrieb Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]>:
>
> On 5/3/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, it took some time for uploading the files.
>>
>> Here’s the link:
>> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SQpAeTkLr84v67VZJDwBtkxZbTXuVltH?usp=sharing
>> <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SQpAeTkLr84v67VZJDwBtkxZbTXuVltH?usp=sharing>
>>
>> Let me know ff you need some more files.
>
> Thanks, I downloaded only the smallest file, maybe I will download
> bigger later when decoder is REed.
>

>> Best,
>> Daniel

>>> Can't you use google drive or some sane uploader?

Re: NotchLC Codec Support

Paul B Mahol
On 5/4/20, Daniel Miletic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great, if you need more files, let me know.

Can you upload single short file (couple of frames) with fastest
encoding mode possible?

There appears to be 3 possible encoding modes, I want to see bitstream
of simplest/fastest one, which is single memcpy.