[Libav-user] Options documentation

Hamilton Tobon Mosquera
Hi there!,

Can you please tell me where I can find documentation about the options
that can be passed to the different structs?, those that go in
AVDictionary. I found the files options_table.h on each of the
libraries, but it's not clear what are those options for (for which
structures and which values are valid). I don't find them either in any
documentation.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hamilton

Re: Options documentation

Brad Hards
I think the answer often depends on what the dictionary is being used for. I find myself reading the code or looking for an example when unsure.
Do you have a specific case you're trying to solve?

Brad

Re: Options documentation

Hamilton Tobon Mosquera
I appreciate you answered.

Yes, I'm trying to open a webcam as an input device (I take frames out
of it). I know how to open it and capture frames, but it is opened in
rawvideo mode and I need it to be MJPEG which I know is supported by the
webcam. I guess the option is passed to the API function
avformat_open_input(), which receives an AVDictionary **, but I don't
know what options are available neither which values can be passed.

Any help or hint you can give me is a lot. Thank you.

Hamilton.

On 7/2/20 7:54 PM, Brad Hards wrote:

> I think the answer often depends on what the dictionary is being used for. I find myself reading the code or looking for an example when unsure.
> Do you have a specific case you're trying to solve?
>
> Brad

> https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fffmpeg.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Flibav-user&data=01%7C01%7Chtobonm%40eafit.edu.co%7Ce42bae51e1c0400855ed08d81ee33be5%7C99f7b55e9cbe467b8143919782918afb%7C0&sdata=T70SBsIIzZCDn%2BYSQR5s3kmZOo%2BBg7K6tlF1FTgvDsA%3D&reserved=0

> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
> La información contenida en este correo electrónico está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario y puede contener información confidencial, material privilegiado o información protegida por derecho de autor. Está prohibida cualquier copia, utilización, indebida retención, modificación, difusión, distribución o reproducción total o parcial. Si usted recibe este mensaje por error, por favor contacte al remitente y elimínelo. La información aquí contenida es responsabilidad exclusiva de su remitente por lo tanto la Universidad EAFIT no se hace responsable de lo que el mensaje contenga. The information contained in this email is addressed to its recipient only and may contain confidential information, privileged material or information protected by copyright. Its prohibited any copy, use, improper retention, modification, dissemination, distribution or total or partial reproduction. If you receive this message by error, please contact the sender and delete it. The information contained herein is the sole responsibility of the sender therefore Universidad EAFIT is not responsible for what the message contains.

Re: Options documentation

Brad Hards
I'm not familiar with that. If you can post a small, self-contained example of what you are currently trying, possibly someone else can answer.

Brad