[Libav-user] Parse SAR in MOV demuxer

libav-users mailing list
I'm creating a minimal build of FFmpeg that only has the features I need.  Right now, it only has the MOV demuxer.  I'm trying to get the sample aspect ratio from the media, but I notice it isn't getting set from the demuxer.  If I add the H.264 decoder to the build, even if I don't use it, then the SAR gets set.  I think this is because the demuxer tries to decode some frames to fill in some fields.

My question is: is there a way to have the MOV demuxer fill in the SAR without the full decoder present?  Or is there a way to parse the SAR out of the codec extra data?  I tried using the H.264 parser (even though it is internal-only), but it didn't work.

Re: Parse SAR in MOV demuxer

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Mo., 11. Mai 2020 um 20:02 Uhr schrieb Jacob Trimble via Libav-user
<[hidden email]>:

> I'm creating a minimal build of FFmpeg that only has the features I need.  Right now,
> it only has the MOV demuxer.  I'm trying to get the sample aspect ratio from the
> media, but I notice it isn't getting set from the demuxer.  If I add the H.264 decoder
> to the build, even if I don't use it, then the SAR gets set.

That means that in the file you tested, sar is not set on the
container level but
the codec level (both are possible).

Sar is not the only thing that can need the parser, libavformat does not work
very well with minimal libavcodec, this is not a bug.