[Libav-user] Pushing RTMPS stream to a streaming server

[Libav-user] Pushing RTMPS stream to a streaming server

black copper
Hi

I want to push an RTMPS stream to Wowza streaming server, from inside an ARM device (IP Camera).

I can push RTMP stream like this:

ffmpeg  -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://127.0.0.1/channel1 -c copy -f flv rtmp://[ip]:1935/live/rtmp_test

This works perfectly fine. Now, I have read in FFmpeg docs:

that I can actually push an stream using a certificate.

I would like to know if anyone has already done this before, as with documentation so far (both Wowza and FFmpeg), I am still struggling to get this working.

Thanks

Re: Pushing RTMPS stream to a streaming server

Rubén Sánchez

Hi,

From my experience, you can stream out content using RTMPS. The only thing you need is changing the remote endpoint protocol to “rtmps://”, libavformat does all the work for you. But, this requires a certificate on the remote endpoint where you are streaming to. I streamed using FFmpeg to Facebook like this and to a locally running CRTMPServer but in this second case I needed to set up a SSL sertificate file on CRTMPServer (I soppose then Facebook has its own SSL certificate on their endpoint). Regarding your setup, then you need to set up the certificate on the Wowza side.

The other way around, listening for incoming RTMPS streams I think is not available at this moment.

Hope it helps.

Rubén Sánchez Castellano

Senior Programmer

Telescope Inc Barcelona