[Libav-user] Quality control for MPEG - 4 encoder

[Libav-user] Quality control for MPEG - 4 encoder

Laurentiu CHERA
Hi everybody,

I've been trying for several days to understand how the quality control works in FFmpeg, but it seems to be quite difficult.

Does anyone know how to control the video quality for MPEG-4 encoder? I've been trying to set the global_quality parameter in AVCodecContext, but it doesn't work. Also, I've been trying to use qmin and qmax but also I don't understand exactly how they work. Can you please provide an example for best, medium and low quality for MPEG-4? This needs to be done through the C API.

Thanks,
Cristian