[Libav-user] Question about ffplay buffer size

[Libav-user] Question about ffplay buffer size

Milan Poon
When I use ffplay to stream a UDP live video and press 'p' to pause, ffplay will cache the incoming data in a buffer until the playback resumes again. What parameter determines the size of this buffer? Is it fifo_size or buffer_size? I want to know this because I want to keep the latency at a reasonable level, e.g. 3 seconds, after the playback is resumed, by skipping the oldest frames.