[Libav-user] Recording and streaming at the same time

[Libav-user] Recording and streaming at the same time

Steve Green
I’ve seen examples for the ffmpeg executable that can do this but I’m unsure how to go about setting this up with libav.  Specifically, I only want to pay the h264 and aac encoding price once.

I probably need 2 AVFormatContexts, but then do I need 2 streams (muxed audio/video) per?

avcodec_encode_video2() needs the AVCodecContext from the video stream, but which one?

Does the “copy” codec that I’ve seen used with ffmpeg make sense to use here, and how?

Any high level pointers would be appreciated.  Sample code even better :)

Thanks..