[Libav-user] Regression problem on opus audio (old api)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Libav-user] Regression problem on opus audio (old api)

Gonzalo Garramuño
Hi everybody.

I recently updated my ffmpeg to the latest revision and found that my
viewer had problems decoding audio from a matroska (webm) video, which
used the opus audio codec.  This is with the old audio api
(avcodec_decode_audio4).  No other audio codecs seem to have a problem.  
The error I get is that of a return value of less than 0 and the
got_frame variable is 0.
I bisected the git log, and found that there are two commits where the
problem appears.  The first commit does not compile.
The commits are:
061a0c14bb5767bca72e3a7227ca400de439ba09 (does not compile doing make
distclean first)
bddb2343b6e594e312dadb5d21b408702929ae04 (does compile and has the opus
audio problem)

ffplay plays fine the opus audio, but it is using the new api.  I tried
switching to the new api, but I could not get it to work with any audio
codec.  Therefore, I would prefer to stay with the old api.
I am wondering what else can I try to find out why the opus codec fails
decoding.  Any help is appreciated.

_______________________________________________
Libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/libav-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Regression problem on opus audio (old api)

Gonzalo Garramuño


El 07/06/17 a las 15:55, Gonzalo Garramuño escribió:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I recently updated my ffmpeg to the latest revision and found that my
> viewer had problems decoding audio from a matroska (webm) video, which
> used the opus audio codec.  This is with the old audio api
> (avcodec_decode_audio4).  No other audio codecs seem to have a
> problem.  The error I get is that of a return value of less than 0 and
> the got_frame variable is 0.
> I bisected the git log, and found that there are two commits where the
> problem appears.  The first commit does not compile.
> The commits are:
> 061a0c14bb5767bca72e3a7227ca400de439ba09 (does not compile doing make
> distclean first)
> bddb2343b6e594e312dadb5d21b408702929ae04 (does compile and has the
> opus audio problem)
>
> ffplay plays fine the opus audio, but it is using the new api.  I
> tried switching to the new api, but I could not get it to work with
> any audio codec.  Therefore, I would prefer to stay with the old api.
> I am wondering what else can I try to find out why the opus codec
> fails decoding.  Any help is appreciated.
>
I forgot to mention that while decoding sometimes I get the following
message:

[ffmpeg] Got unexpected packet size after a partial decode

--
Gonzalo Garramuño

_______________________________________________
Libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/libav-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Regression problem on opus audio (old api)

Gonzalo Garramuño
El 07/06/17 a las 15:55, Gonzalo Garramuño escribió:
>> Hi everybody.
>>
>> I recently updated my ffmpeg to the latest revision and found that my
>> viewer had problems decoding audio from a matroska (webm) video,
>> which used the opus audio codec.
>
>
I discovered, thanks to the invaluable help of heleppkes that it was my
misuse of the library that was causing the problem.  I was always
decoding an empty packet when the codec had CODEC_CAP_DELAY and not only
when flushing was needed.
_______________________________________________
Libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/libav-user
Loading...