[Libav-user] Save Microphone audio to file using Ffmpeg C language api

[Libav-user] Save Microphone audio to file using Ffmpeg C language api

Prakash Rokade
Hiii,

I am new at Ffmpeg,
I am trying to develop screen recording application using Ffmpeg in C++.
I also want to record microphone audio.
The microphone gives the audio data but it is more than the encoder buffer.
So I need a help how I can achieve what I want.

Re: Save Microphone audio to file using Ffmpeg C language api

> I am new at Ffmpeg,

Did you look at the examples in doc/examples?

> I am trying to develop screen recording application using Ffmpeg in C++.

I fear all examples are C, not C++.

Re: Save Microphone audio to file using Ffmpeg C language api

Prakash Rokade
I have gone through the examples and using that i am able write video frames to h264,wmv and avi.
But i having a problem to a audio frames to aac,wmav and mp3.

Is there any example that will encoding the live sources.

On 21 March 2017 at 13:11, Carl Eugen Hoyos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am new at Ffmpeg,

Did you look at the examples in doc/examples?

> I am trying to develop screen recording application using Ffmpeg in C++.

I fear all examples are C, not C++.

Re: Save Microphone audio to file using Ffmpeg C language api

NITIN GOYAL

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Prakash Rokade <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any example that will encoding the live sources.

https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/encoding-example_8c-source.html

This example have audio encoding.

Re: Save Microphone audio to file using Ffmpeg C language api

Marcelo Emmerich
use the transcode_aac.c example for audio. You need to FIFO buffer samples most of the times. With little modification you can adapt that example to read from mic instead of file.

Marcelo