[Libav-user] Text based format to bitmap format conversion

[Libav-user] Text based format to bitmap format conversion

Advika
Hi All,
We need to convert text based subtitle to bitmap format to render it .
I would like to know which ffmpeg module provides the support for converting text based to bitmap format.

Thanks.

Re: Text based format to bitmap format conversion

Advika
Thanks Jing for response.
We gave a thought of using imagemagick.
But we are more inclined to use ffmpeg if any support is there in ffmpeg that would be great.

Thanks.

Re: Text based format to bitmap format conversion

Paul B Mahol
On 7/17/17, Advika <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Jing for response.
> We gave a thought of using imagemagick.
> But we are more inclined to use ffmpeg if any support is there in ffmpeg
> that would be great.

What about subtitle filter?

Re: Text based format to bitmap format conversion

Advika
Thanks Paul for your response.
But as far as I understood ffmpeg subtitle filter[ass & subtitles] burns subtitles into video.
But in our scenario we need to separately draw the subtitle on graphics plane .

Thanks.

Re: Text based format to bitmap format conversion

Nicolas George
Le nonidi 29 messidor, an CCXXV, Advika a écrit :
> But in our scenario we need to separately draw the subtitle on graphics
> plane .

You just have to burn the subtitle on a blank video.

  Nicolas George

Re: Text based format to bitmap format conversion

Advika
Thanks Nicolas George .
But as I mentioned we have different requirement .
If you can just help us to convert the text string into bitmap format 24 bpp.
It would be great.

Thanks.