[Libav-user] Usage for binding with dart/flutter

[Libav-user] Usage for binding with dart/flutter

Jimmy Aumard
Hello everyone,

I hope I’m at the right place, if not please let me know.
I want to be able to stream Audio and Video from an http call from a Flutter application (if you don’t know Flutter it’s a cross platform framework to run on mobile, desktop and web). It doesn’t have a way to play/stream videos everywhere yet.
I was searching for a way to do it and come across ffmpeg, by doing some native binding (ffi) I should be able to use it to achieve this goal. My main problem is that I don’t know at all ffmpeg and have some trouble finding example on how to play/stream videos in a way I can retrieve frames to show them on the Flutter screen.

Is there anyone who can point me to the right direction please ? Or give me some resources where I can find how to do this ? I mainly find resources that use the command line but not much the binary files (which I’ll have to use to do the bindings to dart).

I plan to make this open source so if you’re up to the adventure I’ll gladly accept help lol

Thanks !
Cheers
Jimmy

Re: Usage for binding with dart/flutter

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2

> Am 25.10.2019 um 09:04 schrieb Jimmy Aumard <[hidden email]>:
>
> I want to be able to stream Audio and Video from an http call from a Flutter application (if you don’t know Flutter it’s a cross platform framework to run on mobile, desktop and web). It doesn’t have a way to play/stream videos everywhere yet.
> I was searching for a way to do it and come across ffmpeg, by doing some native binding (ffi) I should be able to use it to achieve this goal. My main problem is that I don’t know at all ffmpeg and have some trouble finding example on how to play/stream videos in a way I can retrieve frames to show them on the Flutter screen.
>
> Is there anyone who can point me to the right direction please ? Or give me some resources where I can find how to do this ? I mainly find resources that use the command line but not much the binary files (which I’ll have to use to do the bindings to dart).

Did you see the sample files in doc/examples?