[Libav-user] VideoEditor based on FFMpeg

[Libav-user] VideoEditor based on FFMpeg

Alexander Gribanov
Hello everyone!

I'm going to develop Video Editor, based on FFMpeg and Qt because these are well-going products with everything I need...

The spectrum of the tasks for the editor is just to get frame-by-frame data from the FFMpeg (video and audio), display to the user, then he may need to split and stitch several files and render a video via FFMpeg (i.e. get particular frame from FFMpeg, edit it like a picture and send it back to FFMpeg to encode and save)...

The user probably will need video playback to find the point to cut (would be nice not the video frames also, but also audio frames, to get the exact point where to cut).

So please, could You help me to the point the direction to dig, first steps to get familiar to use FFMpeg from Qt/C++ (unfortunately, I'm also not so experienced with Qt/C++ (how to connect DLL (or other OS libraries), how to invoke methods of those libraries, etc...), but have 8 years of professional Java development experience, so I hope, general understanding of development principles should help) and other stuff which I probably don't even foresee...

Thank You very much in advance.

Re: VideoEditor based on FFMpeg

Anton Shekhovtsov

вт, 24 дек. 2019 г. в 15:47, Alexander Gribanov <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Hi. Do you know there is old program named Avidemux. AFAIK it is using FFMpeg and Qt and maybe it already does everything you want?

Re: VideoEditor based on FFMpeg

Venkateswaran.S
Take a look at these example codes. You can wrap FFmpeg API with your modern c++ code.

Regards,
Venkateswaran.S