[Libav-user] Which function receive the raw data before parsing/decoding in FFmpeg

[Libav-user] Which function receive the raw data before parsing/decoding in FFmpeg

Jorhn Madsen

I have created simple RTSP player with FFmpeg(4.2.2) in C and want to understand what function in the FFmpeg source code does listen for incoming data before the parsing or decoding start ?

My server sends additional data that is concatenated in the begningen of the packet that i want to remove when receiving it by FFmpeg before doing anything else.

I have looked into the function " av_read_frame " inside libavformat/utils.c, but i'm not sure if that where it first happens.

Can someone please show me where it is ?

Re: Which function receive the raw data before parsing/decoding in FFmpeg

Denis Gottardello

Hi, I'm not a guru on FFMpeg but, according with the remuxing.c example, after av_read_frame you will have a Paket that could be audio or video packet.

Before the decode function that extracts a video frame or audio frame, I think you can manipulate it.

--

+39.347.4070897

http://www.labcsp.com

http://www.denisgottardello.it