[Libav-user] avcodec_copy_context deprecation

[Libav-user] avcodec_copy_context deprecation

Michael IV
Hi!
I am getting compiler warning for avcodec_parameters_copy being deprecated.

But I also can't figure out how to use avcodec_parameters_copy when I have AVStream as destination and  AVCodecContext as src .AVCodecContext doesn't have  AVCodecParamters property.

Re: avcodec_copy_context deprecation

Power Pan

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Michael IV <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!
I am getting compiler warning for avcodec_parameters_copy being deprecated.

But I also can't figure out how to use avcodec_parameters_copy when I have AVStream as destination and  AVCodecContext as src .AVCodecContext doesn't have  AVCodecParamters property.

check the codes in related h file, and in the include h file will tell you what to do.

Re: avcodec_copy_context deprecation

Philippe Gorley
On 2017-09-28 07:30 AM, Michael IV wrote:
> Hi!
> I am getting compiler warning for avcodec_parameters_copy being deprecated.

avcodec_parameters_copy is not deprecated on master.

> But I also can't figure out how to use avcodec_parameters_copy when I
> have AVStream as destination and  AVCodecContext as src .AVCodecContext
> doesn't have  AVCodecParamters property.

You'll want to look at avcodec_parameters_from_context and
avcodec_parameters_to_context, which are described here:
https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/group__lavc__core.html

You can find an example of their use in doc/examples/transcoding.c

Cheers,

--
Philippe Gorley
Free Software Consultant | Montréal, Qc

Confidentiality Message: This communication (including any files
transmitted with it) is intended solely for the person or entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential or privileged
information.
The disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
forbidden. Should you have received this communication in error,
kindly contact the sender promptly, destroy any copies and delete
this message from your computer system.