[Libav-user] avcodec_send_packet: signal missing packet to decoder?

[Libav-user] avcodec_send_packet: signal missing packet to decoder?

Anthony Alba
[Apologies for a duplicate post in ffmpeg-devel as I chose the wrong list.]

Hi libav-ers,

I am converting a PCAP RTP file using libopus and there
may be missing packets. This is not a real-time application. I am
implementing my own reordering/missing packet buffer so if the buffer
declares a packet "lost" I want to inform the decoder.

Two questions:

1. What is the correct pattern to avcodec_send_packet() to signal a lost
packet to a (generic) decoder?

2. libopus accepts NULL data and 0 size for loss concealment, but this
is a flush packet in libavcodec semantics, so how do you pass-through
this information? I accept that this is a leaky implementation detail
of the decoder so probably not the "correct" way to use libavcodec.

Thank you.