[Libav-user] avformat_find_stream_info

Mohamed-Ismail Mejri
Hi,

I use avformat_find_stream_info to init the program, my program contains multiple streams with several types, which slows down start-ups, is it possible to force decoding only audio streams in avformat_find_stream_info?

Thank you,

Mohamed-Ismail.

Re: avformat_find_stream_info

MSC_Edge
Is it always the same files that you are reading? What about caching the stream types the firstĀ time you read theĀ file and in a database or file somewhere you store that a certain file has a certain type?

Only tricky thing I see is if you create a new file with the same name in the same location.. so, probably want to double check creation date of the file as well.

Otherwise, sort of seems like that belongs as part of the 'TODO' included with avformat_find_stream_info :(
Todo:
Let the user decide somehow what information is needed so that we do not waste time getting stuff the user does not need.

Might be able to work with someone to code it up and include it.

-Matt