[Libav-user] ffmpeg CUDA acceleration

Alberto Perdomo García
Hi,

I am trying to use the ffmpeg CUDA hardware acceleration to decode videos through API, not command line. I have read different information that states that in the most recent version, the hardware accelerated decoder is chosen automatically if it is available (If the gpu card is supported and so on) but it is not working for me, and I have a supported card.

I have build ffmpeg successfully enabling CUDA, following the original documentation, so I might need some help on this. The main question is: How do I use ffmpeg hardware acceleration decoder through API?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Alberto