[Libav-user] improve ffmpeg video

Tamara Emmerichs

Hi everyone
I created a video with png images typing this command:
ffmpeg -framerate 1 PATH/soi%04d.png test.avi
The reproduction works only with ffplay and isn't a good
quality.
How can I improve the quality ?
Why the reproduction only works with ffplay?
Kind regards
Tamara

Re: improve ffmpeg video

Steven Liu

Hi everyone
I created a video with png images typing this command: ffmpeg -framerate 1 PATH/soi%04d.png test.avi
The reproduction works only with ffplay and isn't a good quality.
How can I improve the quality ?
What about the quality when use libx264?
Why the reproduction only works with ffplay?
Kind regards
Tamara

Re: improve ffmpeg video

> I created a video with png images typing this command: ffmpeg
> -framerate 1 PATH/soi%04d.png test.avi

(Apart from using a different encoder with different defaults:)

You did neither specify a high average bitrate (-b:v 2000) nor a
constant quality (-qscale 2), a very low default value was used.

The question should likely have been sent to the ffmpeg-user
mailing list.