[Libav-user] is avio_write() thread-safe

qw

[Libav-user] is avio_write() thread-safe

qw
Hi,

I have one question:

Is avio_write() thread-safe?

Are those functions thread-safe, i.e. fprintf() and fflush() ?

Thanks!

Regard

Andrew

Re: is avio_write() thread-safe

Gonzalo Garramuño

El 1/8/19 a las 10:35, qw escribió:
Hi,

I have one question:

Is avio_write() thread-safe?

Are those functions thread-safe, i.e. fprintf() and fflush() ?

No.
--
Gonzalo Garramuño

Re: is avio_write() thread-safe

Michael Armes
I'm going to cut and paste from a previous answer I've given on this forum:

"See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13888915/thread-safety-of-libav-ffmpeg for more details. There are a few particular methods that have thread safety concerns: writing frames is one. Opening a codec is also not thread safehttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/15366441/ffmpeg-which-functions-are-multithreading-safe ."

Follow the directions in the StackOverflow response to create your own lock manager. It's relatively straightforward.