[Libav-user] libx264 not found when caling avcodec_find_encoder_by_name()

[Libav-user] libx264 not found when caling avcodec_find_encoder_by_name()

Wodzu

Hi guys,

Second day I am struggling co compile ffmpeg so it include libx264. I’ve downloaded version 4.1.4 and configured it like this:

./configure --enable-shared --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl

Configuration went fine, no errors. Building went fine, some deprecation warnings, that is all. However, when I call avcodec_find_encoder_by_name(“libx264”); I am getting nullptr.

Everything works fine on my Ubuntu, but now I try to run this on Mint and can’t get it done.

Any ideas, what can be wrong?

Thanks.

Re: libx264 not found when caling avcodec_find_encoder_by_name()

Attila Krüpl
hi,

call av_register_all() first.

br,