[Libav-user] loudnorm filter and EBU R128 standard

[Libav-user] loudnorm filter and EBU R128 standard

Jiming Shi
Recently I'm looking into ways of doing audio loudness normalization and came across ffmpeg filter `loudnorm` .

According to EBU R128 standard:  "measurement shall include a gating method as specified in ITU-R BS.1770" which requires a momentary measurement which is 400ms instead of the shortterm one (3sec) used in the loudnorm filter:

Did I miss  something here? And is there a way to make the change in ffmpeg?

Jiming