[Libav-user] muxing already encoded audio data

[Libav-user] muxing already encoded audio data

David Ibbitson
Hi Folks,

Is it possible to use av_interleaved_write_frame to mux already encoded audio data into the output stream?

Video is encoded via libavcodec but my audio source is a bitstream of already encoded eac3 data.

It’s not clear how to go about muxing this in successfully. Any tips or examples?

Thanks,
Davey
--
NextVR, Inc. technology is protected by US Patents 8,451,320, 8,610,757,
9,204,127, 9,313,474, 9,538,160, 9,485,494 and 9,407,902 with additional

Re: muxing already encoded audio data

> Is it possible to use av_interleaved_write_frame to mux already
> encoded audio data into the output stream?

There is a remuxing example in doc/examples

> The information contained in this transmission contains
> privileged and confidential information.

Please remove this when sending emails to a public mailing
list.

Re: muxing already encoded audio data

Henry, David

On 3/20/17, 5:55 PM, "Libav-user on behalf of David Ibbitson"
<[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>Is it possible to use av_interleaved_write_frame to mux already encoded
>audio data into the output stream?
>
>Video is encoded via libavcodec but my audio source is a bitstream of
>already encoded eac3 data.
>
>It¹s not clear how to go about muxing this in successfully. Any tips or
>examples?
>
>Thanks,
>Davey

Davey, you should be able to use either av_interleaved_write_frame() or
av_write_frame() to mux your audio data.
As long as you write it in the order you receive it, either of those calls
should work for a frame of eac3 data.

- David