[Libav-user] playback of youtube videos (DASH and playlists)

[Libav-user] playback of youtube videos (DASH and playlists)

Gonzalo Garramuño
I am trying to add playback of youtube videos to my application. I rely
on youtube-dl to obtain the urls of the video and audio. This works
rather well except when faced with a DASH video/audio. I do not know how
to parse the output of youtube-dl -J in that case.  Also, I know ffmpeg
supports DASH playback by itself but don't know how do I provide that to
ffmpeg.  Does anyone know how to use youtube-dl to feed ffplay (for
example) for dash playback?

--
Gonzalo Garramuño

Re: playback of youtube videos (DASH and playlists)

Gonzalo Garramuño
On 17/1/20 17:01, gga wrote:
> I am trying to add playback of youtube videos to my application. I
> rely on youtube-dl to obtain the urls of the video and audio. This
> works rather well except when faced with a DASH video/audio. I do not
> know how to parse the output of youtube-dl -J in that case. Also, I
> know ffmpeg supports DASH playback by itself but don't know how do I
> provide that to ffmpeg.  Does anyone know how to use youtube-dl to
> feed ffplay (for example) for dash playback?

Never mind.  I figured it out.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño