[Libav-user] seeking related questions

Anton Shekhovtsov
Hope someone can clarify these, thanks.

1)
In order to call av_seek_frame, I have to give it a "dts" of the desired frame.
The problem is, assuming even framerate I can compute "pts".
Is there a consistent way to derive "dts" from "pts", or its lower/upper bounds?

2)
The meaning of AVStream::duration and AVStream::start_time
In the specific sample I observe the following (for reference it is hevc in mp4, but this is not unique case):
"start_time" is 3000 and "duration" seems to include "start_time", therefore to get the real duration (which is the difference between start and end) I have to deduce "start_time" from it.
Is this the rule or deviation?