[Libav-user] what options should I specify if I only want an average target bitrate

[Libav-user] what options should I specify if I only want an average target bitrate

YIRAN LI
Hi,

Just want to know, what options should I use if want the converted video have an specified average bitrate. Will -b:v enough? do I need minrate maxrate of bufsize? The converted video will only be played on computer, not transmitted over network.

And what options should I use if I want average and max bitrate on the converted file? why there's bit_rate_tolerance? can't it be calculated by max(maxrate - average, average - minrate)?

Thanks

Re: what options should I specify if I only want an average target bitrate

> Just want to know, what options should I use if want the converted
> video have an specified average bitrate. Will -b:v enough?

I believe this depends on many factors: What did you test?