Quantcast

No accelerated colorspace conversion found

No accelerated colorspace conversion found

Jeffrey Graham-2
Hello,

My platform is 64bit RHEL linux.

I have a very recent svn version of ffmpeg, and when I use it I get a
continuous spew of lines like this:
    [swscaler @ 0x2d2be10]No accelerated colorspace conversion found.

It sounds like the swscale process is not running as fast as possible?

How would you fix this?

Thanks!

Re: No accelerated colorspace conversion found

Lem Davis
I also have this problem on 32bit RHEL linux. Can anyone provide the
answer for solving this problem?

Re: No accelerated colorspace conversion found

tbart
Jeffrey Graham wrote
I have a very recent svn version of ffmpeg, and when I use it I get a
continuous spew of lines like this:
    [swscaler @ 0x2d2be10]No accelerated colorspace conversion found.
It sounds like the swscale process is not running as fast as possible?
How would you fix this?
Well, just a rough guess (as I don't know how you "use it"..). This does not seem to be documented anywhere in combination with this error message, so I'll cross-post my own post from
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1085:

Had the same problem just now in fobs4jmf and thought I'd let you know:

The software scaler is able to be MMX2/MMX/3DNOW/ALTIVEC accelerated. At least in my case (x86, MMX2, MMX), PIX_FMT_RGB24 is *NOT* able to be accelerated, that's why you get the warning regarding the not found accelerated colorspace conversion.

I don't know if it is the cause for your error as well, you'd need to check the meaning of the return code.

Some pointers:
ffmpeg/libswscale/yuv2rgb.c (line no 502) which calls
ffmpeg/libswscale/x86/yuv2rgb_mmx.c
(this is just one function, and you can see that there's no case for RGB24...)
(Use the source, Luke! The power of FOSS, yay!)

The first file also checks for HAVE_MMX, HAVE_MMX2 and CONFIG_GPL, so you might also check these configure options or, alternatively, if you have runtime cpu caps detection.